Cleanliness - Bearings - Technical
Strict cleanliness is an essential condition for the good operation of all miniature bearings. RMB Germany achieves this perfect cleanliness by
- Full temperature control and air filtration of all production departments
- Ultrasonic cleaning of all components after different stages of manufacture
- Cleaning by specially developed methods, of all component parts before assembly
- The assembly of parts in special clean rooms, in which the temperature, humidity and dust content of the atmosphere are controlled to precise limits
- Strict observation of the rules of cleanliness enforced on all personnel working in these clean rooms
- The repeated cleaning of finished bearings by processes specially designed and perfected for small bearings
- The use of specially filtered lubricants
- The packing of finished bearings in absolutely clean sachets or tubes hermetically sealed
The above examples give an indication of the efforts made by RMB to supply their customers with bearings of the highest standard of cleanliness. For premium bearing performance it is essential that this standard is maintained by the end user. This may be achieved by observing the following points:
- It is the degree of precision and of
cleanliness called for by the application which
determines to what point the following recommendations
should be carried out.
- Assembly components, shafts, spindles,
housings, springs etc should be manufactured to the
specified tolerances, and the surface finish should be
satisfactory for the application in question. All the
components should be free from faults, corrosion, burrs
etc. Cleaning of all component parts before mounting the
bearing should be done outside the workroom where the
bearings are to be mounted and all necessary care should
be taken to avoid recontamination during transport from
cleaning to place of assembly (assembly shop).
- The bearings should be assembled in a
place specially arranged for the purpose and separated
from other departments. It should if possible conform to CLEAN
ROOM standards, with dust free atmosphere,
temperature and humidity control. Machining should not be
done in the same room.
- The personnel employed in the assembly of
high precision bearings should be subject to special
rules of cleanliness. It is usual to equip them with
overalls and head-dress of special non-fibrous material.
It should be strictly forbidden to smoke, eat, make-up
etc within the clean rooms.
- Bearings should be removed from their
packing only immediately before assembly. If the package
contains several bearings, it should be opened in such a
way that only one bearing may be taken out at a time.
- Bearings should be manipulated with
tweezers or other special tools. One should never touch
high precision bearings with fingers unprotected by
rubber or plastic finger stalls.
You can find many types of bearings in the Hobby and Engineering Supplies Bearings Online Catalogue pages.
For a huge range of bearings online please visit the Bearing Shop Online Website.
The Small Parts and Bearings has a much larger range of engineering supplies.
For the best range of miniature and small bearings please try the Miniature Bearings Australia website. Miniature Bearings Australia also list a large variety of miniature engineering products.
Extra information for Technical - Bearings
Hobby and Engineering Supplies offers 3244 products in 325 categories including spare parts for remote control cars, assortment kits, kites, styrene, depron, ceramic and ceramic hybrid bearings, bearings, tools, belts and adhesives - see the full listing in the Online Catalogue. We have excellent Freight Rates within Australia and worldwide. We offer a choice of delivery with a signature required, or cheaper options with no signature required. The no signature required options are at the customer’s risk once the goods leave our store.
Using the links throughout this site you will find extensive information including catalogues, technical data, and other product specific information. We sell our products worldwide through our online store and our overseas freight rates are competitive for fully traceable courier delivery.
Hobby and Engineering Supplies is part of MBA Group offering a select range from the MBA Group catalogue.
Hobby and Engineering Supplies products are not authorised for sale into the USA or Canada due to the reluctance of Australian insurers to provide product liability insurance into those two countries.
Information on this website is Copyright Hobby and Engineering Supplies 1997. All rights reserved.